Work in groups on these problems. You should try to answer the questions without referring to your textbook. If you get stuck, try asking another group for help.
1. What is your bacterial species and what antibiotic should you definitely not use on a patient that is infected with your bacterial species? Why? (1)
2. What antibiotic should you use on a patient that is infected with your bacterial species? Why? (1)
3. Why do we use a Mueller-Hinton (MH) plate in this lab? (1)
4. Why do we use a McFarland standard for this lab? (1)
5. What would happen if you did not get a full lawn on your MH plate during this lab? (1)