After this lab you should be able to:
- Describe the purpose and use of the Antibiotic Susceptibility test.
- Describe the implications that the test is an “in vitro” test and not actually a test in a patient.
- Explain the need for and the ways in which this protocol is standardized.
- Determine if the bacteria tested are Sensitive, Resistant, Or considered Intermediate, for each antibiotic used.
- Perform the Kirby-Bauer method.
Contributors and Attributions
Kelly C. Burke (College of the Canyons)