- The movement of molecules from an area of high to low concentration: ______________________.
- The movement of water across a membrane: _______________________________
- A solution that has more molecules (like salt) outside the cell is a _______________________ solution.
*Cells in this solution will gain or lose water? _____________
- A solution that has less molecules (like salt) outside the cell is a _______________________ solution.
* Cells in this solution will gain or lose water? _____________
- A solution that has the same number of molecules as the cell is a _____________________ solution.
- This disease is caused by a failure of the cell membrane, which causes mucus to build up in the lungs: ______________________________________
- Cell membranes will let some things pass through them, this means they are _____________________.
- Type of transport that does not require energy: _____________________________________
- Type of transport that does require energy: ______________________________
- When molecules are even throughout a space, it is called ________________________________.
- This organelle pumps out excess water: __________________________________
- The maintaining of a biological balance, or sameness: ________________________________
- The outer boundary of all cells, its job is to move things in and out of the cell: ____________________
- Type of transport where a cell takes in a large particle, like food: ________________________________
- Type of transport where a cell pushes out large particles, like waste: _____________________________
- Type of transport where proteins channels help move molecules across the membrane: _______________________________________
Label the Cell Membrane
Transport Protein _____