Work in groups on these problems. You should try to answer the questions without referring to your textbook. If you get stuck, try asking another group for help.
1. Why do we do the washes between each step? (1)
2. If your positive control doesn’t work what might have happened? (1)
3. What would the plate look like if your negative control did not work? (1)
4. What information does the positive control give us? What information does the negative control give us? (1)
5. Why does the secondary antibody stick to the primary antibody and not the antigen? (1)