- Reflect on your success with the Acid-Fast stain. Provide a complete analysis of your stain technique and results. Did you have success in observing and differentiating Mycobacterium smegmatis fromStaphylococcus saprophyticus?
- Rate your confidence from 1-5 (1=completely confident, 5=not very confident) on being able to accurately perform and assess an Acid-Fast stain. If you had problems discuss them and your plan to improve your success next time.
- Tuberculosis, Fact Sheets. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. http://www.cdc.gov/tb/publications/factsheets/testing/diagnosis.htm December 12, 2014. Accessed 1/6/16
- Tuberculosis, Data and Statistics. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. http://www.cdc.gov/tb/statistics/default.htm September 24, 2015. Accessed 1/6/16
- Hussey, Marise A., Zayaitz, Anne. Acid-Fast Stain Protocols, in Laboratory Protocols. ASM Microbe Library. www.microbelibrary.org/component/resource/laboratory-test/2870-acid-fast-stain-protocols Published September 8, 2008. Last updated August 2013. Accessed 1/6/16
Contributors and Attributions
Kelly C. Burke (College of the Canyons)