Skip to main content
8.S: Novelty (Summary)
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- "Animal Species and Evolution," (1963) Harvard University Press, Ernst Mayr
- "What, if Anything, Is an Evolutionary Novelty?" (2008), Philosophy of Science, Massimo Pigliucci, www.jstor.org/stable/10.1086/594532.
- "Intraspecific Variation in Developmental Characters: The Origin of Evolutionary Novelties" (2000), Wallace Arthur, American Zoologist, www.jstor.org/stable/3884463.
- "Homology, Genes, and Evolutionary Innovation" (2014), Gunter Wagner, Princeton University Press
- "Evolutionary innovations and novelties: Let us get down to business!" (2015),Zoologischer Anzeiger - A Journal of Comparative Zoology, Gunter Wagner, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcz.2015.04.006.
- "Insights into insect wing origin provided by functional analysis of vestigial in the red flour beetle, Tribolium castaneum." (2013), PNAS, Courtney M. Clark-Hachtel, David M. Linz, and Yoshinori Tomoyasu, https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1304332110.
- "Dual evolutionary origin of insect wings supported by an investigation of the abdominal wing serial homologs in Tribolium" (2017), PNAS, David M. Linz and Yoshinori Tomoyasu, https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1711128115.