Most objects encountered in biology range from under a millimeter to meters in length or diameter.
- Obtain a human bone. Handle with care. Consult the articulated skeleton to find out the location of the bone.
- What part of the body is the bone from?
- What is the scientific name of this bone?
- Measure the length of the bone in centimeters (cm).
- Translate your measurement into meters (m) and milimeters (mm).
- Use the meter stick to measure the length of your arm or leg, thumb.
- Translate your measurement into centimeters (cm) and milimeters (mm).