- Identify the characteristics and sub-phases of interphase
- Identify the characteristics and stages of mitosis
- Identify the characteristics of cytokinesis
Remember, mitosis is the process of cell division, but it’s just a portion of the full cell cycle. Figure 1 shows approximately how long a cell spends in each stage of the cell cycle:
As you can see, cells spend most of their time in interphase.
Video Review: The Cell Cycle
This video reviews all the steps of mitosis; seeing it all together is a great review at this stage.
Contributors and Attributions
- Biology. Provided by: OpenStax CNX. Located at: http://email@example.com. License: CC BY: Attribution. License Terms: Download for free at http://cnx.org/contents/185cbf87-c72...firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mitosis: Splitting Up Is Complicated: Crash Course Biology #12. Authored by: CrashCourse. Located at: https://youtu.be/L0k-enzoeOM. Project: Crash Course Biology. License: All Rights Reserved. License Terms: Standard YouTube License