In Unit 7, an introduction to the form and function of the animal body is followed by chapters on specific body systems and processes. This unit touches on the biology of all organisms while maintaining an engaging focus on human anatomy and physiology that helps students connect to the topics.
- 33: The Animal Body - Basic Form and Function
- 34: Animal Nutrition and the Digestive System
- 35: The Nervous System
- 36: Sensory Systems
- 37: The Endocrine System
- 38: The Musculoskeletal System
- 39: The Respiratory System
- 40: The Circulatory System
- 41: Osmotic Regulation and Excretion
- 42: The Immune System
- 43: Animal Reproduction and Development
Connie Rye (East Mississippi Community College), Robert Wise (University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh), Vladimir Jurukovski (Suffolk County Community College), Jean DeSaix (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill), Jung Choi (Georgia Institute of Technology), Yael Avissar (Rhode Island College) among other contributing authors. Original content by OpenStax (CC BY 4.0; Download for free at http://cnx.org/contents/185cbf87-c72...email@example.com).