- Understand the changing conditions on Earth during the period in which angiosperms evolved and how those conditions selected for features found in this group.
- Learn the characteristics that distinguish angiosperms from other plant groups
- Learn the gross anatomy and function of flowers
- Discover different pollination syndromes
- Correlate features of angiosperm morphology and life history traits with adaptation to the changing environment
- Identify components of a flower based on location and describe their functions
- Identify the most likely pollinator of a flower based on morphology, color, and smell