Environmental Biology is a free and open textbook that enables students to develop a nuanced understanding of today’s most pressing environmental issues. This college-level open textbook covers the most salient environmental issues from a biological perspective and helps students grasp the scientific foundation of environmental topics so they can better understand the world around them and their impact upon it.
- Front Matter
- 1: Environmental Science
- 2: Matter, Energy, & Life
- 3: Ecosystems and the Biosphere
- 4: Community & Population Ecology
- 5: Conservation & Biodiversity
- 6: Environmental Hazards & Human Health
- 7: Water Availability and Use
- 8: Food & Hunger
- 9: Conventional & Sustainable Agriculture
- 10: Air Pollution, Climate Change, & Ozone Depletion
- 11: Conventional & Sustainable Energy
- 12: Appendix
- Back Matter
Thumbnail: Bumblebee pollinating Aquilegia vulgaris. Image used with permission (CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported; Roo72).