- Learn the traits used to distinguish between true fungi and fungus-like organisms
- Understand how filamentous morphology relates to feeding by external absorption
- Compare feeding strategies and ecology of different fungal groups
- Use life history traits to differentiate between true fungi and fungus-like organisms
- Identify important structures in the haplontic Rhizopus life cycle. Know the function and ploidy of these structures.
- Interpret a phylogeny to draw conclusions about the relatedness of organismal groups
- Use stains to view microscopic features more effectively