- To compare the four principal types of animal tissue and identify tissue types in an organ specimen.
- To understand the biology and cells of blood.
- To explore the evolution of mammalian red blood cells
- To perform a simulation of blood typing.
- 13.1: Introduction to Tissue Types
- The cells of multicellular organisms - plants, fungi, and animals are organized into multicellular tissues. A tissue is a group of similar cells working together to perform a common function. An organ consists of multiple tissue types. An organ system is composed of multiple organs working together.
Thumbnail: Plot Splatter. (Public Domain; RyanLupin).