- To investigate carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins
- To perform colorimetric tests to identify specific biomolecules
- To analyze data and identify features of the scientific method
- To identify the components of an unknown sample
- 5.2: Carbohydrates
- Carbohydrates include sugars and starches and are composed of monosaccharide building blocks. Glucose is a simple sugar, a monosaccharide. Fructose is a monosaccharide found in honey, tree fruits, berries, and many vegetables. It is the sweetest naturally occurring sugar.