1. Summarize the major differences between prokaryotes and eukaryotes.
2. What type of organism alternates between a trophozoite and a cyst form? What is the difference between a trophozoite and a cyst?
3. List some differences between fungi, protists and helminthes.
4. Why is it important to learn about parasitic infections that don’t normally occur in the United States?
5. Would you expect an antibiotic like penicillin to be an effective treatment for a fungal or protist infection? Why or why not?
Identify the Organism!
Give the scientific name and identify the type of organism for each of the pictures below.