Students will investigate causes of endangerment and efforts being taken to conserve species and create a presentation, webpage, poster, or pamphlet to raise awareness about the species.
Your product should contain the following information. You are also free to include any other interesting information that is relevant to your animal.
1. What is the common and scientific name of the animal?
2. Where does it live, what is it's natural habitat?
3. What does it eat? What is it's role in the ecosystem?
4. Describe the features of the animal, and include a photo. Remember to give credit if you attach a photo to the location of the original photo.
5. Describe the causes of endangerment.
6. Propose ways that the animal can be helped, include any laws or projects that are already in existence to help the animal.
As you design your publication, imagine that you want to convince others to donate to the cause or help the animal in some way. Treat it like a persuasive essay, your goal is to get people interested and to get them involved.
How Will You Present Your Information?
Your publication should be created digitally so that it can be shared with others. Check with your instructor for all options, but here are common ways to present information to an audience:
- Build a Website
- Create a Presentation
- Create a Poster or Infographic