The image below shows a human and a chimpanzee skeleton. Identify the bones of the forelimbs, hind limbs, and pelvis in each of the models, then use the models to determine similarities and differences between hominids and non-human primates.
- How does the shape of the pelvis differ in the two skeletons?
- Identify at least three other major differences you observe in the shape and size of the bones.
- Identify at least three similarities you observe in the shape and size of the bones.
- What are the forelimbs of a chimpanzee adapted for? What are they adapted for in humans?
- How does evolution explain the differences and similarities between these two organisms?