1. Why are the washing steps necessary in the ELISA test?
2. Why are positive and negative controls always required for immunological tests? (be specific)
3. What is the purpose of the enzyme conjugated to the secondary antibody in the ELISA test?
4. Why is it important to include a negative control well on the Biolog plate?
5. What does it mean if an environmental sample does not match 100% to a species in the database?
6. What possible error do you think could occur by inoculating too much bacteria into the Biolog wells?