To help you review the staining procedures in Labs 3 and 4, fill out the table below with information about these staining procedures. This information should include (but not be limited to) the following:
- What does the staining procedure tell you about bacterial cell structure, or the types of structures produced by bacteria?
- Is the staining procedure used to detect specific types of cells? If so, what are they?
- What do the positive and negative results look like at the end of the procedure?
- Is there any clinical relevance to the results of the staining procedure?
- Any other information that would help you to understand what the staining procedure detects and how it works.